Mozzarella, Tomato, French Bread and Basil Pesto = Easy Deliciousness!

Am I the only one who seems to pin the pins on Pinterest that have no link? And they are typically recipes for the most delicious looking whatever and then you are left with incredible disappointment because you may never taste this amazing tantalizing morsel?

Sorry....drama...

Anywho, this very thing just happened to me a few days ago. So I just made up a recipe for it! Before you are too impressed, this recipe is for a glorified grilled cheese sandwich so don't get too impressed although for me, this is big news!

So the only "recipe" is for the basil pesto. Everything else is real simple..

French Bread
Tomatos
Mozzarella Cheese Slices
Basil Pesto

Basil Pesto: As far as this goes, I just really improvised and made it up...kinda. I used a basic recipe online to see what they put in it, but since I was only making one sandwich and wasn't sure if I would like it or not, I just threw some ingredients in a bowl and tried it, but it was DELICIOUS! So I will share with you what I "threw together"

Basil
Finely chopped almonds
Miracle Whip
Salt & Pepper to taste
Parmesan Cheese
Olive Oil
Garlic


I made just enough to make a paste, and just enough to go on 1-2 sandwiches. The beauty of this is you can add however much you want! Like garlic? Add more! Like parmesan cheese? Add more! 

I guess it goes without saying that I buttered my bread and then grilled it like a grilled cheese with all the goodies in the middle (cheese, tomato, pesto) until the bread turned golden and the cheese sizzled (about 10 minutes on medium). 

How do you personalized your pesto?

No comments