Banana Pupcake with Peanut Butter Cinnamon Frosting

I guess it is no secret that I love baking. I love the look and smell of baked items of all kinds. Especially if I get to eat it when it's done! BONUS! But even if I don't it is so fun to make and decorate! I decorate all kinds of cakes when a family member's birthday rolls around, I'll have to showcase those later.

Well, I enjoy making pupcakes for my dogs. They love the variety of this dessert for special occasions (I call Monday night a special occasion because it's just a miracle that we made it through Monday!)

These would be way fun to make if it was your dog's birthday or perhaps you are hosting a dog birthday party and need some "cake"? Or maybe you just know a crazy dog lady who would enjoy one for her dog?

This is the same concept as giving your child a cupcake or chocolate cake for their birthday and watching them destroy it. Is the parent stoked to eat the cupcake? Well maybe, but mostly they are excited to take pictures and see the look on their child's face when the cupcake is presented. Same concept. Dog parents love watching the expressions and destruction of the cupcake by their dogs. It can be hilarious!

All that to say, here is my recipe for banana pupcakes (smell just like banana bread!!) with a peanut butter cinnamon frosting.


Recipe:


1/2 Cup Water


1 Whole Peels Banana

1/4 TSP Vanilla

1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour

1 TSP Baking Powder

1 Egg

1 TBSP Honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients together.

I used a small cupcake pan instead of the regular sized pans. I like the idea of a bite sized pupcake as opposed to a giant cupcake. Much cuter :)
This recipe made approximately 20 mini pupcakes. Feel free to double or triple the recipe to make however many you need. 
I baked them for 15-17 minutes at 350 degrees.




Peanut Butter Cinnamon Frosting Recipe

4 oz Non-Fat Cream Cheese

1 1/2 TSP Cinnamon

1/2 TSP Vanilla

1 TBSP Honey

1 TBSP Peanut Butter

Mix all ingredients together until smooth and spreadable. If you need, add more honey to make it creamier. 


I then put the frosting into a zip-loc bag and cut the corner off to be able to pipe through the bag onto my pupcakes. 

I then pressed one of my homemade dog treats onto the top and sprinkled some fresh cinnamon on top and voila! Perfection!


No comments