A House With Dogs: Throw Pillows for the Dog Parent



I have been working on designing, and making these dog lover throw pillows for almost a year! Once I come up with an idea, I like to do research and spend a lot of time preparing and experimenting.

This was the longest process of anything I have ever offered in the shop.

 #1: Ordering Fabric

My goal was to make sure I picked quality fabric that wasn't white, but wasn't gray. Being a dog mom, I knew plain white would be out of the question, but gray was a little too much, so I wanted like an in between color.
That was easier said than done. I am not a seamstress. I know nothing of fabric. I had no idea it was so complicated!
I ordered so many samples! I even had decided on one, and then a week later before ordering it in bulk, changed my mind and started from scratch again.



#2 Cutting and Printing

The fabric had to be cut into the pillow squares before it could be screen printed. So I had to have my seamstress cut the fabric into 144 pillow squares. I then sent those pillow squares off to Chicago, to our screen printer. They were all set up to use our graphics by my wonderful friend Celeste Paper Co to screen print onto my pre-cut squares.







#3 Sewing

As I said before. I am no seamstress. So I found a local friend of mine to sew all of the pillow cases together at her house after we got them back from the screen printer in Chicago. It took her 3-4 months to make 144 throw pillows!

#4 Pictures

My house looks like a herd of buffalo live in it, plus between my full time job and Treat Dreams, sometimes I have to ask for help on some things! I found the perfect person to help me take pictures of my new pillow cases! Fresh and Vintage Living did such a wonderful job showcasing my pillow covers and make them look adorable! She has a gorgeous home and is an incredibly talented photographer! I am so grateful for her help! Plus she has a huge heart for doggy rescues so I love her even more for that!

It was a long process but I am so happy with the result! I now have to spruce up my home so it will look as cute as my new throw pillows! You can find all of these pillow covers on my website at 

https://shoptreatdreams.com/collections/pillow-cases

No comments