Our First Event!!! Dog Day in Norman!

So this past weekend my mom and I participated in our first event as a vendor. And of course, it was the one day in the past month that we had torrential downpour ALL DAY LONG! AND the first day of the fall where the temperature was in the 60's.

My muscles were sore the next day from shivering so much. :( Not cool.....

All week while making treats for this day we were listening to the radio. I swear someone told them to say everything I did not want to hear because every fifteen minutes a weatherman would come on and say "if you have anything planned for the weekend, don't plan it for Saturday!" or "how much rain and how cold to prepare for on Saturday is coming up..".......perfect......

It was miserable to say the least. I believe 15 vendors were suppose to be present and I saw only 3-4. We set up, outside, at a park, in the pouring rain. Tent, table, treats....everything.  I so desperately wish they had post-poned, but they didn't and I wasn't going to let my deposit go to waste. 

Looking back, it was a day full of experience and a little bit of fun and a tiny ounce of success. 

Even in the rain though, I must say our display looked fantastic (minus the black tape holding everything down to the table). 

Here are some pictures from the day. I had my camera out and it turned out to be a great idea because it gave me something to do besides just stand behind a table and freeze to death. I was able to meet a lot of people and dogs, hear their stories and feed them lots of treats. 







The day benefitted Second Chance Animal Sanctuary here in Norman which is a no-kill shelter. I adopted one of my dogs, Oreo, through them about 15 years ago. The dogs in the cages are still up for adoption and if you are looking for a precious new member to your family I highly recommend checking with Second Chance.

No comments